By Richard Niesche
School principals are more and more operating in an atmosphere of labor intensification, excessive stakes checking out, responsibility pressures and elevated managerialism. instead of looking for the newest management fad or top perform version, this publication means that so as to higher comprehend those pressures, the paintings of academic management calls for extra subtle theorisation of those practices. In so doing, the ebook attracts upon the paintings of Michel Foucault to impress new suggestion into how the principalship is lived and ‘disciplined’ in ways in which produce either contradictions and tensions for college principals. Amidst claims of a scarcity of candidates for critical positions in a couple of Western international locations, what's required are extra refined and nuanced instruments with which to appreciate the pressures and constraints that face principals of their paintings every day. This booklet offers a robust instance of idea operating via perform to maneuver past conventional methods to varsity leadership.
Key good points of the book:
- provides a good theorised research of management practices
- acknowledges the messy truth of lifestyles for faculty principals
- provides key insights to the ‘real’ paintings that principals adopt each day
- examines the construction of principals’ subjectivities in schooling, foregrounding problems with gender and race
- includes the principals’ voices via wealthy interview data.
The e-book should be of vital curiosity to principals and people operating and gaining knowledge of in academic management, together with researchers within the box and lecturers who educate into academic management and management classes. The booklet can be of serious curiosity to these operating with the information of Foucault in education.
Read or Download Foucault and Educational Leadership: Disciplining the Principal PDF
Similar primary education books
Lecture room questions have normally focussed on checking out the keep in mind, realizing and alertness of content material and techniques. study means that scholars require actions that inspire them to imagine flexibly approximately chances and to make self sustaining decisions approximately details. learn how to imagine takes a cross-curriculum process and provides quite a lot of workouts in all major considering abilities areas:Organisational AnalyticalEvaluativeCreativePredicting, categorisation, ordering, generalising, challenge fixing, summarising, research, making differences, determination making, reason and facts are one of the abilities built.
Among the demanding situations that simple lecturers may well frequently face as they introduce their scholars to technology is the necessity to retain a pretty good figuring out of the numerous clinical thoughts and info themselves. This indispensible source, meant for pre- and in-service straightforward tuition lecturers, presents concise and understandable clarification of key suggestions throughout technology disciplines.
Increasing at the origin units that experience made Bob Books so successful, My First Bob Books is a new sequence introducing Bob Books' confirmed instructing instruments to young ones who are not relatively prepared for Bob Books - Set 1. in My First Bob Books - Alphabet, typical animal buddies steadily introduce the 26 letters of the alphabet.
Examensarbeit aus dem Jahr 2014 im Fachbereich Sachunterricht, Heimatkunde (Grundschulpädagogik), word: 1,5, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am major, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Kinder in der Vorschule und Schuleingangsstufe besitzen häufig noch kein ausgebildetes Temporalbewusstsein. Die Fähigkeit, sich in der Zeit zu orientieren, ist eine von mehreren Dimensionen, die wichtige Voraussetzungen sind, um ein Geschichtsbewusstsein entwickeln zu können.
- Learning to Read and Write in the Multilingual Family (Parents' and Teachers' Guides)
- Herstellung eines individuell gestalteten Stoffbeutels. Die Förderung der Selbständigkeit im Fach Arbeitslehre: Auswahl und Einsatz von Methoden des Unterrichtskonzepts SOL (German Edition)
- Mathematikunterricht 2.0: Warum Mathematikunterricht verändert werden muss – und wie eine Fremdsprache dabei helfen kann (German Edition)
- 100 Ideas for Primary Teachers: Supporting EAL Learners (100 Ideas for Teachers)
- Signs of Change: New Directions in Theatre Education: Revised and Amplified Edition (Theatre in Education)
Extra info for Foucault and Educational Leadership: Disciplining the Principal
Foucault and Educational Leadership: Disciplining the Principal by Richard Niesche