By Sanford C. Goldberg
Read or Download Externalism, Self-Knowledge, and Skepticism: New Essays PDF
Best epistemology books
The basic Davidson compiles the main celebrated papers of 1 of the 20 th century's maximum philosophers. It distills Donald Davidson's seminal contributions to our knowing of ourselves, from 3 a long time of essays, into one thematically geared up assortment. a brand new, in particular written creation by means of Ernie Lepore and Kirk Ludwig, of the world's prime experts on his paintings, bargains a consultant during the rules and arguments, indicates how they interconnect, and divulges the systematic coherence of Davidson's worldview.
Dialectic: the heart beat of Freedom is now greatly appeared as a vintage of latest philosophy. This e-book, first released in 1993, units itself 3 major goals: the advance of a basic idea of dialectic, of which Hegelian dialectic should be obvious to be a unique case; the dialectical enrichment and deepening of serious realism, viz.
The Causation Debate in smooth Philosophy examines the talk that begun as sleek technology separated itself from traditional philosophy within the 16th and 17th centuries. The ebook in particular explores the 2 dominant methods to causation as a metaphysical challenge and as a systematic challenge.
A De Gruyter name
- Grand Theories and Everyday Beliefs: Science, Philosophy, and their Histories
- Essais IV: Pourquoi pas des philosophes ? (Banc d'essais) (French Edition)
- The Price of Public Intellectuals (Palgrave Pivot)
- Knowing without Thinking: Mind, Action, Cognition and the Phenomenon of the Background (New Directions in Philosophy and Cognitive Science)
- Causation and Modern Philosophy (Routledge Advances in the History of Philosophy)
Additional resources for Externalism, Self-Knowledge, and Skepticism: New Essays
Externalism, Self-Knowledge, and Skepticism: New Essays by Sanford C. Goldberg