By Sally Raymond
"This isn't really studying: this is often fun!" - dyslexic pupil
"Fantastic principles that interact rookies of their studying: thank you!" - Teaching Assistant
"I like discovering strategies which support me win!" dyslexic pupil
"My son is now asking to play spelling games!" - parent
"I like taking part in homework video games with my dad." - dyslexic scholar
"Its effortless to conform a video game to fit assorted topics." Teacher
"Things are usually not so tough now i understand how to make difficult issues fun." dyslexic pupil
Dragonfly video games is designed to be used with small teams of dyslexic scholars. those useful and sundry assets can be utilized inside and out of the study room to inspire over-learning and revision of curriculum subject matters. Stimulating and enjoyable to do, the video games support pupils:
- Overcome particular obstacles to studying by utilizing event, over-learning and discovery
- Master talents past these of literacy and numeracy improvement, together with pondering abilities, tactical thoughts, sequential software and gamesmanship.
- Devise their very own video games, constructing their skill to exploit diversified tools of software, precious for overcoming studying weaknesses inside of their very own particular profile. .
Fully up to date in its moment version, this e-book builds at the good fortune of the author’s Dragonfly Worksheets, as featured in her prior publication Supporting Dyslexia scholars around the Curriculum and will be used independently or in conjunction this source. Dragonfly Games extra extends the practitioner's portfolio of fabrics designed to effectively and successfully help the dyslexic learner.
Also to be had from this author
Supporting Dyslexic students around the Curriculum, 2d variation, 978-1-138-77462-9
Spelling principles, Riddles and Remedies 978-0-415-71000-8
Read or Download Extending Support for Key Stage 2 and 3 Dyslexic Pupils, their Teachers and Support Staff: The Dragonfly Games PDF
Similar special education books
While Henry used to be stumbled on, his left entrance leg dangled uselessly from his shoulder. that can were the tip of the tale for this little striped kitten. yet as an alternative, it used to be the start of an not likely experience, as puppy enthusiasts rescued him. Henry needed to lose his leg yet what he won used to be way more beneficial.
The Aphasia sequence, quantity 1 is your resource for the 1st 3 books within the sequence: The Clinician’s advisor to Semantic function research for Aphasia, The Clinician’s consultant to reaction Elaboration education for Aphasia, and The Clinician’s advisor to decreasing Aphasic Perseveration. The print model comprises entry to the spouse publication and supplemental fabrics, resembling ratings sheets and SFA charts, compatible for copying.
The ship Code of perform (2015) has strengthened the requirement that every one academics needs to meet the wishes of all newcomers. This topical booklet offers sensible, attempted and confirmed innovations and assets that might help lecturers in making song classes obtainable and interesting for all scholars, together with people with specific wishes.
To Be proficient and studying Disabled is without doubt one of the most well-liked assets to be had on making a choice on and assembly the desires of twice-exceptional scholars. This up-to-date 3rd variation offers a complete examine the advanced international of scholars with outstanding presents, abilities, and pursuits, who at the same time face studying, recognition, or social demanding situations from LD, ADHD, ASD, and different issues.
- Understanding and Treating Self-Injurious Behavior in Autism: A Multi-Disciplinary Perspective
- We Said, They Said: 50 Things Parents and Teachers of Students with Autism Want Each Other to Know
- Handlungsorientierte Konzepte bei Schülern mit einer geistigen Beeinträchtigung (German Edition)
- Overcoming Disabling Barriers: 18 Years of Disability and Society (Education Heritage)
- Hörende Kinder gehörloser Eltern als Sonderfall der Hörbehindertenpädagogik (German Edition)
Extra resources for Extending Support for Key Stage 2 and 3 Dyslexic Pupils, their Teachers and Support Staff: The Dragonfly Games
Extending Support for Key Stage 2 and 3 Dyslexic Pupils, their Teachers and Support Staff: The Dragonfly Games by Sally Raymond