By Matthew Lange
- comparative-historical analysis,
- case-based methods,
- comparative methods
- information, case choice and theory.
Matthew Lange has written a clean, effortless to persist with creation which showcases vintage analyses, deals transparent methodological examples and describes significant methodological debates. it's a accomplished, grounded ebook which knows the training and examine wishes of scholars and researchers.
Read or Download Comparative-Historical Methods PDF
Best social sciences research books
At this time a lot of political technological know-how involves a wide physique of formal mathematical paintings that is still mostly unexplored empirically and an increasing use of subtle statistical strategies. whereas there are examples of noteworthy efforts to bridge the distance among those, there's nonetheless a necessity for a lot extra cooperative paintings among formal theorists and empirical researchers within the self-discipline.
Masking heritage, geography, and sociology, those pattern classes and devices exhibit how one can use the Parallel Curriculum version to supply rigorous studying possibilities for college students in social studies.
A workforce of researchers from 35 states around the kingdom constructed a survey designed to create a image of social reviews instructing and studying within the usa. With over 12,000 responses, it's the biggest survey of social reports lecturers in over 3 a long time. We requested lecturers approximately their curricular objectives, their tools of guide, their use of expertise, and how they handle the wishes of English language inexperienced persons and scholars with disabilities.
This autobiographical research of the various tricky concerns, dilemmas, offerings, and alterations curious about turning into a social scientist highlights the strengths and barriers of 2 central study equipment: survey study and player commentary. It emphasizes how those examine equipment are literally skilled, unlike how they're preferably defined in texts.
- What Price the Poor?: William Booth, Karl Marx and the London Residuum (Rethinking Classical Sociology)
- La tentation du corps: Corporéité et sciences sociales (Cas de figure) (French Edition)
- Community, Crime Control, and Collective Efficacy: Neighborhoods and Crime in Miami
- Culture and the Politics of Welfare: Exploring Societal Values and Social Choices
- An Introduction to Systematic Reviews
- Key Concepts in Sport and Exercise Research Methods (SAGE Key Concepts series)
Additional info for Comparative-Historical Methods
Comparative-Historical Methods by Matthew Lange