By M. Gunter
Read or Download Armenian History and the Question of Genocide PDF
Best war & peace books
Company, clash solution and Peacebuilding examines the activities presently being taken by way of companies in components of violent clash around the globe, and explores how they could make an important contribution to the answer of violent conflicts via business-based peacebuilding. This booklet combines techniques to supply a complete examine the present country and way forward for enterprise- dependent peacebuilding.
The Invisible Hand of Peace exhibits that the household associations linked to capitalism, specifically deepest estate and aggressive marketplace buildings, have promoted peace among states over the last centuries. It employs a variety of ancient and statistical facts to demonstrate either the large applicability of those claims and their potential to generate new motives of severe old occasions, resembling the emergence of the Anglo-American friendship on the finish of the 19th century, the outbreak of global warfare I, and the evolution of the hot clash around the Taiwan Strait.
Utilizing a case research established process, Weissmann analyses the post-Cold struggle East Asian safeguard environment to demonstrate why there's a paradoxical inter-state peace. He issues out strategies which were vital for the construction of a continual relative peace in East Asia, in addition to clash prevention and peacebuilding mechanisms.
Radical Pacifism in smooth the US strains cycles of luck and decline within the radical wing of the yankee peace stream, an egalitarian pressure of pacifism that stood on the forefront of antimilitarist organizing and American radical dissent from 1940 to 1970. utilizing conventional archival fabric and oral background resources, Marian Mollin examines how gender and race formed and constrained the political efforts of radical pacifist men and women, highlighting how activists associated pacifism to militant masculinity and privileged the priorities of its predominantly white individuals.
- Resolving Deep-Rooted Conflicts: Essays on the Theory and Practice of Interactive Problem-Solving (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- Beyond Liberal Peacebuilding: A Critical Exploration of the Local Turn (Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding)
- The "Other" Karen in Myanmar: Ethnic Minorities and the Struggle without Arms (AsiaWorld)
- Climate Change and Resource Conflict: The Role of Scarcity (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- Auftragstaktik - Eine militärische Führungskonzeption in der Entwicklung deutscher Militärgeschichte vom 18. Jahrhundert bis in unsere Zeit (German Edition)
- The Egregor of the Dove or the Reign of Peace (Izvor Collection)
Additional info for Armenian History and the Question of Genocide
Armenian History and the Question of Genocide by M. Gunter